Glass FLOWTILE Liners
Low friction glass liners economically facilitate bulk material flow.
Glass FLOWTILE, low friction liners, provide a largely maintenance-free, cost-effective solution for the lining of hoppers, bunkers and silos. With the lowest coefficient of friction under both wet and dry condition,s FLOWTILE liners effectively improve the free flow of bulk materials, reduce abrasion, prevent arching, bridging, rat-holing and adhesion.
- 10 mm thick float glass is bonded to concrete or steel structures with specially formulated FLOWTILE adhesive.
- Both the FLOWTILE liners and FLOWTILE adhesive are manufactured in accordance with ISO 9002.
- Repeated tests, in applications ranging from coal to lime and granulated slag, have shown glass has the lowest coefficient of sliding friction under both wet and dry conditions.
- FLOWTILE liners measure 300x300x10 mm.
- FLOWTILE liners are staggered in the direction of material flow to prevent gouging at the joints.
- FLOWTILE liners have a MOH hardness equivalent to that of steel.
- FLOWTILE liners are non-combustible with working temperatures up to 150°C, it will not propagate fires, but will provide insulation and protect structural materials.
- FLOWTILE liners weigh approximately 25 kg per m2.
- Linings are the most cost-effective method of improving material flow in bunkers and silos to eliminate bridging or rat-holing
- Glass is the most cost-effective lining material available
- Tiles can be cut on site to any shape required to fit the contours thus obtaining 100% vessel coverage
- Tiles facilitate quick, easy repairs
- Water ingress is avoided thereby eliminating erosion or corrosion
- Food products are not contaminated
- Linings do not lift with the force of bulk materials entrapped behind them